Terms and Conditions
Cancellations of registration must be by email only. Refunds will apply as follows:
- More than 28 days before the conference – Full refund
- 28 – 7 days before the conference – Refund (less $500 administration charge)
- 7 days or less before the conference or non-attendance – No refund (no exceptions)
An organisation may send an alternative delegate if registration has been paid and the registered person is unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances. In such cases, Event Management must be advised of the change prior to the symposium.
Waiver of Policy
The AusIMM, accepts no liability to any persons or body for any loss, injury or damage howsoever and whether directly from any action or cause whatsoever undertaken, organised or sponsored by The AusIMM.
By attending this event I consent to my image being taken and used at the discretion of The AusIMM.
The AusIMM is a professional institute that relies on the use of personal information to provide support and services to members and to non-member stakeholders and customers of AusIMM services. We rely on comprehensive and accurate personal information about our members and about non-members who engage with AusIMM.
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are to provide services and benefits for our members and to maintain and extend our membership. We collect information from members and non-members so that we can provide services, manage our professional relationships, manage our business, comply with our legal obligations, communicate effectively and enhance the level of service being offered. At the time of registering for this event you have the option to indicate whether or not you agree to the AusIMM contacting you for promotion of future events, professional development opportunities and discount offers.
By submitting your abstract you hereby agree to the terms and conditions of The AusIMM that if your final paper is selected for the technical program, at least one author of the paper will register and pay the discounted author registration fee with the full intention of presenting the paper at the conference.
Abstracts of authors who fail to register and pay by the nominated deadline will be automatically withdrawn from the proceedings and program.
By submitting an abstract to this AusIMM conference you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions
- An abstract that contains information that relates to, or reports on, a particular company or organisation, must have the appropriate level of approval prior to submitting.
- Papers submitted are of original quality (not previously published).
- Submissions of abstracts are loaded electronically via the conference Speakers’ Portal, with minimal formatting.
- Papers submitted are in accordance with the Guide to Authors and should not exceed 300 words (less a word equivalent for tables and figures).
- The paper does not infringe on the copyright of any other third party and copyright for said paper will be assigned to The AusIMM.
- The paper adheres to the guidelines as presented in The AusIMM Guide to Authors.
- Authors with accepted final papers agree to register, pay and attend the conference. At least one author/presenter must be registered and paid by the nominated deadline in order for the paper to be published and presented. Any author not registered and paid up will be automatically removed from the proceedings and program.
- Late withdrawals of final papers will incur penalties if withdrawn by the author at any time following the final submission date:
- Authors will incur a A$400 desktop publishing fee
- The paper will be removed from the published proceedings and technical program
- In the instance that the author is not available to present the paper a suitable replacement may be found to present the paper and pay the registration fee.