Platinum Sponsor announced – Rio Tinto10 May 2018
We are delighted to announce Rio Tinto as a Platinum sponsor for the 2018 Mine Waste and Tailings’ Conference.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. We’ve led the industry in partnerships, with customers in new markets, and with local communities. We’ve pioneered technological innovations, such as our Mine of the Future™ programme and our low-CO2 aluminium from hydropower. And we’ve paved the way in areas such as safety, tax transparency and legacy management.
Visit www.riotinto.com for more information.
- Co-disposal of tailings and coarse wastes
- Emerging technologies
- Governance and management of tailings
- Mine waste facility closure case histories and costs
- Mine waste facility liner and cover systems
- Mine waste geotechnics, geochemistry and biology
- Minimisation and control of seepage from mine waste storage facilities
- Operational aspects and case histories of mine waste storage
- Regulation of mine waste facilities
- Selection between surface, in-pit and underground tailings storage
- Selection between thickened, paste and filtered tailings disposal
- Stability of tailings dams and tailings run-out
- Tailings water balance and management