Abstract submission is now closed.
Papers that are accepted by the organising committee will be subject to peer review. The selection criteria include relevance to the conference theme, accuracy and originality of ideas, significance of the contribution and quality of presentation. All accepted extended abstracts will be published in the conference proceedings and presented at conference technical sessions. All presenting authors are required to pay and attend the conference to present their extended abstracts.
The two-day conference will be built around the following themes:
- Mine waste characterisation
- Mine waste minimisation
- Financial and social licence to operate
- Operational aspects and case histories
- Stability of tailings dams, and tailings run-out and impact
- Tailings dewatering and placement
- Innovative mine waste management, including integrated and co-disposal of tailings and coarse wastes
- Mine waste water balance and management
- Mine waste monitoring, surveillance, Emergency Response Plans and regulation
- Mine waste facility closure case histories and costs
- Governance and resilience, guidelines and standards